Friday, September 21, 2007

Childhood Wish?

I used to wish that I had the power to read people's minds.

I believed it would make my life alot easier, and probably other people's lives as well, if I could read what they wanted or did not want and could therefore accomodate or compromise.



I no longer have this wish.


I think of it with horror. I don't think I would like to tap into what msot people think about. I see the ruts people are in, that many many people operate on a very basic level -however camouflaged- of their very basic physical wants.

Food. Fuck. Procreate. Drink. Pleasure.
Consume. Possess. Destroy. Life.

I realise that those words could be classified under each other in contexts of very similar degrees. Ie:

Pleasure = Fuck.
Drink
Food
Consume
Destroy
Procreate

Life = Food
Procreate
Destroy (irony. may need to destroy to survive)
Consume
Possess

Consume= Destroy
Possess
Food
Drink
Fuck

I think infinitely tragic that if the only significant thing that a person can create is through procreation. Only creation is procreation?


Am rambling. Fuccck.

2 comments:

Lance Abel said...

Ah creation, and the God complex.

We'd all like to create, and, I think, to leave long-lasting remnants of ourselves in various forms which suite different people - children, ideas, legacies, and a million other ways. But all will inevitably disappear or be forgotten eventually... nonlife must win...so I agree it is tragic and comic that we are doomed to always try to struggle

Eastcoastdweller said...

It would be at once amusing and horrifying, to read the purple thoughts of some sweet old granny whose bleary eyes caught sight of some passing young hunk ...

...or to hear what people really thought of me, that would never pass their lips.