Friday, September 21, 2007

Anger

Today, I was helping my mother down the escalators while she had bandage strips across her eyes after her eye laser surgery.

On seeing there were 3 steps to the first actual step, I counted audibly : "1, 2,3..."

Two men had come up from behind us trying to get on the escalators and stood here, edging forward with mocking expressions, one laughed and actually repeated my counting " 1,2,3... " and laughed.

There were no trains to be rushed for at the platforms that the escalators were going to reach, we weren't impeding them from moving down on the right side. But yet, they stood close, edging forward with mocking smiles.

These weren't young boys, or teenagers. They were men. One perhaps in his early 20s, another in his 30s.

I stopped and looked at them and said to them : " DO you realise that she cannot see?"

One changed his expression, looked away and moved down away from us hurriedly on the right, his face suddenly determinedly blank. The younger looked at me briefly and said : "Yeah, I know." He quickly moved down after the other man.

Leaving me still at the top of escalators looking down at their receding backs, shoulders hunched forward as thought trying to get away from me, increasing the physical distance between us.



I am left with this inordinate desire to shriek after them, scream, yell. Knock them senseless, render them a physical state that they are already in such a mental and emotional one. Stand there, no longer mindful of so called dignity, composure, self-assurance.

Infuriated at their senselessness, mockery and anger, oh so much anger, at being so blatantly futile and impotent.

You dumb bloody fucks.




--->

There is more anger. Anger directed inward, at myself, that I should still be angry, so angry even now , several hours later that I am willing to blog this online catharticly (I should hope).


--->


Why is it that contrived actual comedy is rarely funny, incongruousness (in all aspects of life be it; politics, religion and family...etc) occasionally funnybut yet, the tragic and vulnerable - funniest?

1 comment:

Eastcoastdweller said...

I think that Your comment to them was sufficient to make them feel deservedly stupid, bone-headed and cavemany.

Which should be reward enough for You.

Ranting and raving would just have lowered Yourself to their pathetic level, which would have allowed them a sort of satisfaction they most certainly did not deserve.