Friday, June 15, 2007

Black Boots

Fuck exams.
Havent been blogging, because i've been intensely studying for the last few days for my upcoming
"JOY, OH JOY: 8 EXAMS!" Whooppeee!
Meanwhile.
1) I really want to read Fury by Salman Rushdie. AGAIN.
2) I just really want to read anything that has nothing to do with body parts, or nerves, or musculoskeletal stuff, or patients who have been traumatic accidents, have spinal cord or brain injuries...or even about sporting athletes or the grandma who fell downstairs and landed on her open wrist with a twisting motion...
NO MORE! Goddamn. unfortunately...another 2 weeks to go.
3) I want. to buy. black boots. like really hot, leather black boots. Not really with a heel I don't think. I'm not that much a heel girl. I tend to wear ballet flats alot. But black boots, for winter, with maybe a slightly chunky heel. Something warm, fits well, that I can wear with my tights/leggings/jeans.
What is it about retail therapy?
4) Also. I've read this graffitied several times, across several different types of handwriting (so assuming from different people, unless it was by a very bored someone, or just a multiple-personality- someone.)
: " I think about sex all the time during exams"
--> ok. maybe not 'all the time' was written always...but the implication was there.
Yeah. I think about sex more during exams as well. Today, I've been more stressed than usual, so...maybe not.
But i actually think, i think more about sex during study time i think. But once exams edge ominously close...maybe not that. too much desperation involved.
5)I'm feeling trapped. I felt pretty upset today. Really wanted to get away. for a while perhaps? I'd like to go back to Singapore I think...to visit. I don't think I can live there, but to visit. It's been a very, very long time.
6)I think i'm an emotional coward. I don't think people realise just how little i tell them. Or are people all the same and I'm just jibbering? Or that other people just have less to tell? I realise, that before, people had to dig or actively pry away in order for me to divulge. Or when i'm on the verge of hysterics, crumbling.
7)Libraries are comforting. Fuck going to see the counsellors, or psychologists, or self-medicated-indifference, arm-chair confessionals. Go to the library. read a good book. Good books, great authors, talking, walking characters beckon and they come alive in your head.
8)Hugs are great. From people who matter. It's great giving it back as well . But there's definitely something about being hugged by someone bigger than you are, it feels alot safer. And it is comforting.
9)Rain. and great music. and soup. Imogen Heap, and tomato soup with onion and basil and rolls, are on the brain at the moment.
10)I want more certainty in my life. Don't we all?

No comments: